[Talk-GB] Geospatial Commission

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Thu Nov 23 19:31:54 UTC 2017

Am 23.11.2017 um 20:13 schrieb SK53:

> Owen Boswarva's asks if this would
> <https://twitter.com/owenboswarva/status/933477244269481984s>mean the
> end of OSM mapping in UK. A provocative thought.

Well Owen is not exactly known as a big friend of OSM to start with.

But in any case OSM has survived easily in lots of different scenarios
with plenty of government open data (or what is more likely in this
scenario some kind of open access), so I would remain rather un-fazed by
the announcement of the intent to do something more or less unspecified
to opening up some use to SMEs.

Simon

PS: I believe one of the open questions is if it is actually £80m more
spending on OS than the what I believe current £40m, or if that is the
total.