[Talk-GB] Tagging "Shared space" roads (Preston City Centre)

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 15:52:37 UTC 2017

On 01/10/2017 14:47, Adam Snape wrote:

> If a shared space is not a living street how should it be tagged?

For "quiet lanes" (which are sort-of a rural analogue to urban "home
zones") I went with "designation", and it looks like I'm not the only one:

https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/designation=quiet_lane

I'm not sure if a shared space is a legal designation in the same way
though.  Presumably you can tag any traffic rules in force, so that even
consumers not expecting a particular tag can still do the right thing?

Best Regards,

Andy