[Talk-GB] Tagging "Shared space" roads (Preston City Centre)

Adam Snape adam.c.snape at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 11:35:23 UTC 2017

The photo of Exhibition Rd on Wikipedia makes it look deserted. I guess it
is sensible to photograph a new road layout at a quiet time.  I actually
walked along it not so long ago when visiting a museum and it certainly
seemed to still be used by quite a lot of motor traffic. Not that I think
traffic volume should necessarily determine tagging, but examples such as
this, the primary roads in Poynton, anda couple of thoroughfares in
Preston, do rather weaken the comparison to Home Zones or woonerven. There
traffic would typically be very light, very slow and almost entirely for
access. The more I look at the above examples, the more I am convinced that
the presence of shared use design doesn't make these thoroughfares
comparable to living_streets

Adam