[Talk-GB] Quarterly Project: Addresses and Postcodes

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Thu Oct 19 10:04:44 UTC 2017

On 19/10/17 09:35, Adam Snape wrote:
> So I'd tag Steve's example: name=The Spring River, addr:street=Talbot
> Lane, addr:hamlet=Weldon, addr:suburb=Ebbsfleet Valley,
> addr:city=Swanscombe, addr:postcode=DA10 1AZ

One of those itches to be scratched that have been discussed elsewhere ...
Do we really need to add 'addr:street=Talbot Lane, addr:hamlet=Weldon,
addr:suburb=Ebbsfleet Valley, addr:city=Swanscombe,' to every object on
the street? addr:postcode=DA10 1AZ provides that data and more besides
and only needs augmenting with a house name/number for an address. With
all the other data manipulation tools being discussed, one which
provides common data for an object is long overdue.

Looking at the long format, should it not also include
addr:country=United Kingdom so that one knows just how to validate the
postcode anyway ... although I am tending towards addr:postcode:UK=DA10
1AZ so that one can pick up the correct secondary data easily ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL