[Talk-GB] Quarterly Project: Addresses and Postcodes

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Thu Oct 19 12:48:12 UTC 2017

On 19/10/17 13:15, Adam Snape wrote:
> Despite postcode polygons sometimes being used, they are really just
> automatically calculated from the delivery points to which the postcode
> applies.

There is an extended version of the postcode, which includes an extra
two (I think) characters, that qualify it to an individual delivery
point.  I think you have to subscribe to the Walksort service, or
similar, to be able to see the list of those, but anyone who receives
official mail with a pre-printed bar code, could, in principle, find
their full code.