[Talk-GB] Quarterly Project: Addresses and Postcodes

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 19 14:42:27 UTC 2017

A lookup on DA10 1AZ gives the following results:

Marstons Inn (for example)
Talbot Lane
Weldon
Ebbsfleet Valley
SWANSCOMBE
DA10 1AZ

So it has a building name, a street name (Talbot Lane), a locality
(Ebbsfleet Valley), a sublocality (Weldon) and a post town (Swanscombe).
It that really necessary? No, of course not; and I cannot imagine why
they added so many layers to these addresses when I would expect they
would be trying to keep things simple.