[Talk-GB] Quarterly Project: Addresses and Postcodes

Adam Snape adam.c.snape at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 23:38:14 UTC 2017

"Are you saying that anything with a postcode beginning with SW should be
tagged addr:city=London and anything beginning with TW9 or TW10 should be
tagged addr:city=Richmond?"

I'm not saying others *should*, I am just saying how I *do *map. If others
want to document how they map I'm happy to how I tag for the sake of
consistency.
If we accept (which I thought we had) that addr: tags are for postal
addresses rather than general geographic location then, yes, SW has London
in its postal address and TW9 doesn't. It is not ideal to use 'city' to
mean 'post town' but city is the most widely used tag for this purpose.

Adam