[Talk-GB] Tagging Schools with fhrs:id

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Fri Oct 20 19:33:07 UTC 2017

On 20/10/17 18:51, Gregrs wrote:
> I think it makes sense for both fhrs:id and addr:postcode to be on the same entity, whether that's the boundary or a building. In some cases schools might have more than one building with an fhrs:id, but it's possible that these would have a different postcode e.g. the different houses at Rugby School (http://www.openstreetmap.org/way/363617437).

The majority of UK schools will only have the one catering facility and
it's unlikely that this will not be the same place as school premises
and involve a single postcode although with the unstable ownership of
schools these days, we may well see private food outlets inside
'academies'? Although central catering facilities feeding several
schools also messes up the picture.

Bigger collage complexes may well have additional catering outlets
across multiple campuses which need separate objects for each campus,
building and potentially each identifiable outlet. It should not be a
problem identifying each outlet and since the FHRS data is open licence
http://ratings.food.gov.uk/enhanced-search/en-GB/Rugby%20School/Rugby/Relevance/0/%5E/%5E/1/1/20
provides every inspection point and the raw data can be download from
http://ratings.food.gov.uk/OpenDataFiles/FHRS319en-GB.xml and a couple
of the 8 entries for Rugby School are at the same postcode. So one needs
separate objects to hold these fhrs:id records rather than the campus
boundary.

Bottom line ... there should be separate objects where that is necessary
and it would be nice if the larger operations such as Rugby School
helped with detailed campus maps as many of the collage and university
sites have been doing?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL