[Talk-GB] British National Grid coordinates in JOSM

Bob Hawkins bobhawkins at waitrose.com
Sun Oct 22 09:26:03 UTC 2017

I have got round to resetting the map projection in JOSM to EPSG:27700 (OSGB 1936 / British National Grid), finally.  I am surprised to find northings before eastings in the bottom left-hand corner of JOSM, when we reference BNG positions eastings before northings.  I wonder if this has something to do with the way latitude is referenced before longitude, usually?  I doubt this can be changed in JOSM but wondered what others know?  It is rather confusing.

---