[Talk-GB] FHRS/OSM comparison tool now includes graphs

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 15:22:35 UTC 2017

On 23 October 2017 at 15:52, Gregrs <gregrs at fastmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Several authorities (Copeland, Middlesborough, Sedgemeoor, Portsmouth and
> South Tyneside) seem to have removed geocodes for a large number of their
> FHRS establishments recently, as shown by the sharp dropoff towards the end
> of the first graph on this page:
> http://gregrs.dev.openstreetmap.org/fhrs-stats/summary-graphs.html. I'm
> planning to contact the FSA regarding this as the comparison tool relies on
> these geocodes in order to place establishments into a specific district and
> show their approximate location.

If you still have postcodes for those, you can look up the postcode
centroid in Code-Point Open and use that as the lat/lon instead. (In
fact, I think that's what the locations you're currently showing are
at least in a few local authority areas around me -- establishments
with the same postcode seem to have coincident marker positions -- so
presumably that's how many of the <geocode> coordinates have been
computed in the first place.)

Robert

--
Robert Whittaker