[Talk-GB] FHRS/OSM comparison tool now includes graphs

Gregrs gregrs at fastmail.co.uk
Mon Oct 23 16:29:33 UTC 2017

Hi David,

On Mon, Oct 23, 2017 at 05:15:25PM +0100, David Woolley wrote:

>Using postcode centroids is why so many self contributed business POIs
>on Google Maps are almost useless for finding the business.  I hope
>no-one is adding POIs based on such data.

I agree. This is why the comparison tool
(http://gregrs.dev.openstreetmap.org/fhrs) doesn't allow users to copy
the location of FHRS establishments into JOSM, only to copy tags for an
establishment which is suggested as a match for an existing OSM node/way
or is already matched using an fhrs:id but has a mismatched postcode.

Thanks,
Greg

--
Twitter: @gregrs_uk