[Talk-GB] Adding unmapped postcodes using FHRS data

Gregrs gregrs at fastmail.co.uk
Thu Oct 26 14:43:13 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Using Robert Whittaker's excellent postcode stats (available in an
interactive form here: http://robert.mathmos.net/osm/postcodes/stats/),
I've created a list of the FHRS establishments that have a postcode
which currently hasn't been assigned to any objects in OpenStreetMap. As
part of the addresses Quarterly Project, this should provide an easy way
to increase our postcode coverage and improve POI address data at the
same time.

You can download a list for each postal area as a CSV file (which you
can open with Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice Calc, for example) here:

http://gregrs.dev.openstreetmap.org/fhrs-unmapped-postcodes/

If this proves useful I will try to update it fairly regularly.

Best wishes,
Greg

--
Twitter: @gregrs_uk