[Talk-GB] OSM feature density vs edits per features

De Sabbata, Stefano (Dr.) s.desabbata at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Sep 1 09:01:30 UTC 2017

Dear all,

my name is Stefano, and I am a lecturer in geography at the University of Leicester. Volunteered geographic information and OSM have been one of my research interests for a few years now. I have also done some very minor contributions to OSM myself, but never in London and I am not very familiar with the London OSM community.

As I have been recently looking at some aspects data production and quality of OSM in London, and I was wondering whether any of you might have some time to help me out in interpreting some of the data… I have a couple of maps that can use some local expertise to make sense of them. :)

In particular, I am looking at the relationship between feature density and number of edits per features (among other things). It looks like there are areas of London with consistently high density but low average number of edits per features. I was wondering whether this might be the result of local projects or mapathons organised by the community? Or might there be (and most probably there are) other reasons I am overlooking?

If you are interested, please contact me: at s.desabbata at le.ac.uk<mailto:s.desabbata at le.ac.uk>

All the best,
Stefano.

Dr Stefano De Sabbata
Lecturer in Quantitative Geography
Department of Geography,
University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK
t: +44 (0)116 252 3812
e: s.desabbata at le.ac.uk<mailto:s.desabbata at le.ac.uk>
w: le.ac.uk/departments/geography/people/stefano-de-sabbata<http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/geography/people/stefano-de-sabbata>
twitter: @maps4thought<https://twitter.com/maps4thought>

Research Associate
Oxford Internet Institute, University of Oxford
oii.ox.ac.uk/people/desabbata<http://oii.ox.ac.uk/people/desabbata>
Information Geographies<http://geography.oii.ox.ac.uk/>
Connectivity, Inclusion, and Inequality<http://cii.oii.ox.ac.uk/>

[id:77B79125-D80D-4E72-9F70-791C2419DE28 at home]

Follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/uniofleicester> or visit our Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/UniofLeicester/> page