[Talk-GB] Teaching OSM

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 09:47:23 UTC 2017

The audience plays a major role in the presentation too!
The presentation to teenagers with little to no mapping experience vs
GIS professionals would be vastly different for instance.
So consider your audience as well as your 'style'.

Some basic rules for teaching:
Tell them what to do first .. before any mention of what not to do.
Pitch low rather than high, if you get lots of boredom/disinterest then
maybe too low, or simply too long. Try speeding it up or pitch a little
higher or take a break or ask them questions - wakes them up.

Keep them interested .. or you will loose them.

Good luck.