[Talk-GB] Use of Drones

me at chrisfleming.org me at chrisfleming.org
Tue Sep 19 17:05:18 UTC 2017

On 18/09/17 at 12:53pm, Philip Barnes wrote:
>    There was a talk by 'the only licensed drone pilot in Scotland' at SOTM
>    Scotland a couple of years ago.
>
>    I missed the outdoor demo as I went to the NLS map library.

Yes Paul has a eBee senseFly - https://www.sensefly.com/drones/ebee.html

Because it's a "winged" craft then with the right permissions it is
possible to fly over populated areas. So can get aerial footage for
relatively low cost, but is a more expensive investment than some of
the very low cost drones that seem to be more targeted towards filming.

It's also ideal for imagery as it will fly a preset route capturing the
required stills to cover the area needed, and then lands.`

Cheers
Chris