[Talk-GB] Large swaths of "heath" on Dartmoor

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Mon Sep 25 19:48:37 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 05:51:18PM +0100, Kevin Peat wrote:
> >Anyway, I take it that no one is objecting to my changes and wanting to
> >revert them?
> >
> >ael

> This was discussed in a thread here a number of years ago. There is a lot of upland heath on the moor:
>
> http://www.dartmoor.gov.uk/wildlife-and-heritage/habitats2/moorland/upland-heathland
>
> I think it would be better if it was kept as heath with a sub type. Just changing it to moor doesn't add anything useful.

Thanks for the link: interesting. Now the question is: what subtype?
heath=upland perhaps?

I am not sure that all the areas that I modified were all "upland",
although I suppose pretty well all of Dartmoor is high.

I agree that  moor doesn't add anything: indeed it was intended to
remove incorrect information on my original narrow understanding of
"heath".