[Talk-GB] Leicester Meeting(s) Thursday 19th April

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 10:08:32 UTC 2018

A quick note as I have to be out for part of today and therefore dont have
time to finish adding information to the wiki.

Next week we will be holding two events in Leicester connected with the GIS
Research UK conference.

   - A Mapathon on the Missing Maps format for conference participants held
   between 16:00 and 18:00 at the Geography department of Leicester
   University. I will be running this, but would welcome it if anyone else can
   lend a hand (whether they be GISRUK attendees or Midlands mappers).
   Participants may need advice about editors, tagging or interpreting images.
   - A pub meeting from 19:00 either at the Parcel Yard next to Leicester
   Station or at Ale Wagon about 6 minutes walk from the station (I just
   havent decided which yet). This will be an extra pub meeting in the normal
   Nottingham/Derby format. I hope it might be an occasion to meet some
   Leicester mappers. (There are plenty of outsanding notes in the middle of
   Leicester for anyone who has a bit of time too)

I'll add full details on the wiki when I return later today.

The Mapathon may also  be an opportunity to interact with members of the UK
GIS research community. Unfortunately the conference dinner also takes
place that evening and is at the Space Centre, too far for those planning
to travel to Leicester by train. Otherwise there may have been other
opportunities for informal discussions.

I have already messaged active Leicester mappers, but if anyone has any
direct contacts do please pass this message on.

The regular East Midlands pub meeting will also take place the following
Tuesday 24th in Nottingham at the Lincolnshire Poacher.

Jerry Clough