[Talk-GB] Addressing of flats: review best practice

Andrew Hain andrewhainosm at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Apr 17 20:28:37 UTC 2018

I have been mapping a complex of flats that consists of a series of blocks each with its own entrance, tagging each section with addr:housename and addr:flats [https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/580234651]. The standard layer repeats the name of the whole block for each section, which I find a bit clunky (Humanitarian doesn’t label anything at all). Before I discuss this with the map renderers, am I doing the best thing for tagging?

--

Andrew

[https://www.openstreetmap.org/assets/osm_logo_256-cde84d7490f0863c7a0b0d0a420834ebd467c1214318167d0f9a39f25a44d6bd.png]<https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/580234651>

Way: 580234651 | OpenStreetMap<https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/580234651>
www.openstreetmap.org
OpenStreetMap is a map of the world, created by people like you and free to use under an open license.