[Talk-GB] Addressing of flats: review best practice

Derick Rethans osm at derickrethans.nl
Wed Apr 18 11:03:41 UTC 2018

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018, Andrew Hain wrote:

> I have been mapping a complex of flats that consists of a series of
> blocks each with its own entrance, tagging each section with
> addr:housename and addr:flats
> [https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/580234651]. The standard layer
> repeats the name of the whole block for each section, which I find a
> bit clunky (Humanitarian doesn’t label anything at all). Before I
> discuss this with the map renderers, am I doing the best thing for
> tagging?

Yes, I think so. I have a similar situation here:

Although I mapped the whole building there with its name, and then each
entrance separately as I don't know where the sections are exactly.

I wrote a style change some time ago too:
https://derickrethans.nl/flats.html — but nothing on that front has
improved yet :-/

I wish it would render similarly to
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/282084602#map=19/51.52662/-0.18901&layers=D