[Talk-GB] 'C' class roads references.

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Sat Aug 4 09:07:58 UTC 2018

On 04/08/2018 09:55, David Woolley wrote:
> On 04/08/18 00:47, Dave F wrote:
>>
>> After many discussions over the years about the referencing of 'C'
>> class roads there appeared to be a general consensus to keep them in
>> the database but provide a unique tag to allow them not to be rendered.
>
> I assume you mean the reference is not rendered rather than the road.
>
> It seems to me that, in the UK, class C roads should be exactly the
> set of roads with highway=tertiary, so there is no need for a new
> tag.  Even if that is not true, the correct solution would be to test
> the reference in the renderer and suppress it if within the UK.
That really is not a pratical solution, OSM is an Internaional project
and the standatrd renderer is International. It is unreasonable to
expect the hard working rendering team to support country specific
rendering.

As I said previously, if you want to see C road references rendered,
make your own renderer.

Phil (trigpoint)