[Talk-GB] 'D' class roads references.

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 22:04:37 UTC 2018

On 06/08/18 06:10, Martin Wynne wrote:
>> Copyright doesn't work like that.
>
> But you can't copyright names, addresses and similar material.
>
> Road names and numbers would surely fall within that.
>
> I'm not suggesting copying the document and posting it verbatim.

There was a long and costly court case in Australia where a firm had
used the information inĀ  phone books to make their own data base.

Facts cannot be copyrighted in Australian Law. but any skill etc can be
copyrighted.
The case was fought.
The legal niceties are above me, but the phone book people won ... so
even though the facts in the phone book are not copyright, practically
you cannot copy them into your own data base.
Ridiculous but true.
I'd think similar legal arguments could be made in a British court.

Be carefull.