[Talk-GB] 'D' class roads references.

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Mon Aug 6 11:19:27 UTC 2018

On 06/08/18 08:37, Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) wrote:
> On 5 August 2018 at 19:50, David Woolley<forums at david-woolley.me.uk>  wrote:
>> The only place for which I am aware of national legislation making certain
>> government publications automatically free to use is the USA.
> Thanks to the EU, we do however have the "Re-Use of Public Sector
> Information Regulations 2015"
> http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/1415/contents/made  . You have
> to ask for permission, but if the copyright is owned by a UK public
> body, they need a very good reason not to allow re-use under an open
> licence, and the options for charging are very limited for most
> bodies.

That I think is the one that restricting access to both the NSG and NLPG
falls fowl off, especially when councils are required by law to provide
it but not paid to do so. Once we can freely use at least the National
Street Gazetteer many of the 'problems' go away and we just need to add
the USRN reference to each way in the UK

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL