[Talk-GB] 'D' class roads references.

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Mon Aug 6 12:24:46 UTC 2018

The background here is that the UK, AUS and NZ (these are the ones I'm
aware of, of the former UK colonies India and the US have moved away
from this but used to have similar issues) have very strong "sweat of
the brow" doctrines that essentially lead to there being no creativity
and originality requirements for obtaining copyright protection. This is
independent of sui generis database rights that are an additional angle
in the UK (at least as it maintains compatibility with EU IP regulation).

Simon