[Talk-GB] New Ghosts Set and Survey Me Auto-Location Feature

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 22:01:38 UTC 2018

On 6 August 2018 at 12:04, Richard Fairhurst <richard at systemed.net> wrote:
> Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) wrote:
>> First there's a new set of objects in my "Ghosts" tool at
>> https://osm.mathmos.net/ghosts/. There are 162 still-mapped
>> "Co-Op Pharmacy" branches, which should have been rebranded
>> to become "Well Pharmacy" branches now.
>
> Not necessarily!
>
> As you say, "The Co-operative Group sold their pharmacy business to the
> Bestway Group in October 2014".
>
> However, as you no doubt know, the perpetually crisis-stricken (Manchester)
> Co-operative Group is one of several retail co-ops in the UK to use the
> Co-operative name. Other co-ops continue to operate stores branded
> Co-operative Pharmacy. I live almost opposite one such, operated by the
> Midcounties Co-operative, and can testify it's still called that!
>
> See https://www.cooppharmacy.coop/ .
>
> (It looks like the East of England Co-op also operates a few pharmacies. I
> haven't investigated further.)

I was aware of the different regional co-op organisations, but hadn't
realised some of them had their own pharmacy branches too, so thanks
for pointing that out. I wonder if there is some way of distinguishing
them in the tagging so that tools can ignore the ones that haven't
been sold. Perhaps an operator=* tag would help, if we knew which
Co-Op groups still had pharmacies...

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker