[Talk-GB] BHF et al Creating AED Location Database (news item)

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Wed Aug 8 07:50:35 UTC 2018

In the 8 am radio 4 news today there was an item about the British Heart
Foundation creating a database of AED locations because these are often
not known to people.  Although not the BBC, this is another article
based on the same news release:
<https://www.bhf.org.uk/what-we-do/news-from-the-bhf/news-archive/2018/august/the-bhf-joins-forces-with-microsoft-and-the-nhs-to-save-thousands-more-lives-from-cardiac-arrests>

It mentions the NHS, Microsoft and the BHF, so I wonder if this is being
done in ignorance of OSM attempts to collect this information.

The first line data consumer is ambulance controllers, so that they can
direct 999 callers to the devices.  (I'd tend to agree that OSM
providing this information directly to the general public is not going
to sufficiently effective, as not enough people will know how to access
the information and have mobile devices set up to do so quickly in an
emergency.)

There is a contact email for the project, in the press release,
NDN at bhf.org.uk.