[Talk-GB] vehicle barrier

Martin Wynne martin at templot.com
Fri Aug 10 10:53:19 UTC 2018

What is the correct tagging for this type of barrier across a road? Two 
lengths of parallel railings with a narrow opening at alternate ends. 
Blocking vehicles but allowing pedestrian access:

|___________________________________   |

In the particular instance a public road makes an end-on connection with 
a private unadopted road, although both have the same name. It is just 
about possible for pedal bicycles to get through, although I suspect it 
is not intended.

At present I have it has two separate barriers =fence with a short 
length of footpath between them. But clearly it is in fact a single 
construction. And fence suggests a total barrier, so connecting a 
footpath to a fence doesn't make sense.



More information about the Talk-GB mailing list