[Talk-GB] vehicle barrier

Martin Wynne martin at templot.com
Fri Aug 10 12:35:59 UTC 2018

 > The description of barrier=cycle_barrier in the wiki looks like
 > it might be what you need, combined with appropriate access tags.

 > I'd say that's a cycle barrier - the intention would be to allow
 > pedestrians to pass, force cyclists to dismount

Thanks for the suggestions.

For cycle_barrier the wiki says "barriers positioned along paths,
footways, cycleways or tracks".

In this case it is none of those ways, it is a full width road with
vehicle access to both sides. But one side is private access and the
other is public access (from the other ends).

I believe this barrier has been erected by the residents of the private
road, rather than the local authority. It's not clear what it achieves
which a conventional row of bollards would not.

Here's the Google streetview:

  https://goo.gl/maps/DGjTum7ynGE2

(I haven't mapped it from Google, I actually walked through it
yesterday. :) )

As you can see, it has been rendered totally ineffective for other than
motor vehicles by users pushing past one end. How do we map that?

Thanks.

Martin.