[Talk-GB] vehicle barrier

Martin Wynne martin at templot.com
Fri Aug 10 15:06:28 UTC 2018

On 10/08/2018 15:08, Edward Catmur wrote:
> Oh, I'd map that as barrier=cycle_barrier without hesitation - it's even
> made of the archetypal aluminium tubing.

Ok, will do. It's just that if you asked the residents I don't think
they intended it primarily to deter furious cycling. Its purpose is
clearly to prevent through motor traffic.

On the other hand there must have been some reason for the double row of
railings. But you could stand there all day and not see a cyclist. It's
a residential area, not on a route from anywhere to anywhere else. And
there is plenty of room for an occasional cyclist and pedestrians to
co-exist.

p.s. they are usually galvanised steel, not aluminium.

cheers,

Martin.