[Talk-GB] 'C' class roads references.

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Thu Aug 16 13:42:03 UTC 2018

On 16/08/18 14:24, Dave F wrote:
> A contributor has been reverting my changesets over the past few days:
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/tms13/history#map=7/56.741/-4.252

> https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/61623830#map=11/56.4828/-3.2425
>
> As I don't wish to get into an edit war & believe blocking is a last
> resort, would it be possible if a couple of others attempt to help him
> understand the reasons.

On what basis is 'highway_authority_ref' being put forward since I don't
think the councils who allocate the references for C and U roads are
actually the 'highway_authority' but are responsible for those roads NOT
designated as the responsibility of the 'highway_authority' ... at least
that is my reading of the situation. These references are
'local_authority_ref' and are not unique from one part of the country to
another while 'highway_authority_ref' suggests a more central management?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL