[Talk-GB] 'historic' county boundaries added to the database

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 26 11:58:01 UTC 2018

I agree, but where do we actually go from here? We have some options...

1) remove them all

2) leave them in the database and quietly ignore them

3) leave them in the database and document them, even though they are
controversial, to say the least

Option 2 is least desirable IMHO, as we prefer things that are in OSM to
be documented in some way, e.g. in the wiki

Given the "live and let live" philosophy that OSM otherwise espouses,
maybe we can go for option 3?

Or we get some kind of consensus that they are to be removed, but then I
think it should be the responsibility of the DWG to make that
determination, communicate the decision, and do the reverts.