[Talk-GB] Coastline and tidal rivers

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Tue Aug 28 11:09:47 UTC 2018

There is no consensus.

Personally I'm not in favour of the view that any body of water which is
tidal should be bounded by a way tagged as coastline.

Reasons for this

1) Ask any one who lives in say central London "do you live on the
coast" or do you live beside a river", most would I'm sure say beside a
river, so surely our data should reflect that.  I think this probably is
what you mean by "seems more natural"

2)  In part because the converse is not true, we bound large non tidal
water areas as coastline

3) If knowledge that a body of water is tidal is important it can be
tagged "tidal = yes"

David