[Talk-GB] Road refs

Toby Speight T.M.Speight.90 at cantab.net
Wed Aug 29 19:25:13 UTC 2018

0> In article <LO2P265MB015873456B86B0203A794B56E60B0 at LO2P265MB0158.GBRP265.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>,
0> Andrew Hain <URL:mailto:andrewhainosm at hotmail.co.uk> ("Andrew") wrote:

Andrew> Toby, I really think you need to read through the conversation
Andrew> archived at
Andrew> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-gb/2018-August/thread.html
Andrew> and answer the points discussed there.

Thanks for that - it predates my joining this list.  It seems to (partially)
answer only my first question - it's to benefit those who don't like their
rendering (on paper/screen or on a navigation device).  That's why we have
rendering rules - if you don't like the rendering, change the rules.  Using
the wrong tag for the data (especially a totally undocumented tag) to get a
rendering you like is really not helpful.