[Talk-GB] un-named roads in UK

Jubal Harpster jubalh at microsoft.com
Wed Aug 29 20:21:49 UTC 2018

Hi Everyone,

Our Open Maps team (https://github.com/microsoft/open-maps) has been taking a closer look at OSM in the UK.  Some of you may have seen my session in Milan where we talked about Microsoft’s ongoing OSM work in Australia.

We found a few examples of roads missing names that we could use some local help with. There does not appear to be an official name for the examples below and we’re trying to figure out if they came from a local source, ground survey or something else entirely.

Road Name

OSM

Google

Bing

Coach road estate

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/67494787

https://goo.gl/maps/PQXATz4iNMQ2

https://binged.it/2o1mF1v

Rosneath Castle Caravan Park

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/92291906

https://goo.gl/maps/5zn1EEXwYER2

https://binged.it/2BCrYOr

Merville Garden Village

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/139461452

https://goo.gl/maps/YdH5HCvhTqK2

https://binged.it/2BCq9Rx

Stadium Mews

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/260127900

https://goo.gl/maps/JJNxamCgLy12

https://binged.it/2C0LAw1

These are not major roads but they are associated with a large number of residential addresses so any help understanding the source of the road names would be helpful.

Thank You

-Jubal

https://www.openstreetmap.org/user/jharpster

https://github.com/jharpster