[Talk-GB] GB does not include Northern Ireland

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Wed Aug 29 23:38:12 UTC 2018

Hi Toby

On 29/08/2018 20:40, Toby Speight wrote:
> There's still no documentation on the tag wiki at [1] or [2].

As pointed out previously that's to be done & is not essential to making
amendments. The delay is primarily waiting for you to put your argument
across..

> Interestingly, there is a mention of "unsigned_ref" [3] that's close to
> what's proposed.  Perhaps that could be a way forward?
>
> [3] <URL: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:unsigned_ref >

'highway_authority_ref', plus the other tags that will be assimilated
into it, will be assumed to be unsigned. Thatis, after all, the purpose
of the exercise.

As mentioned in previous posts, my 'things to do list' include
amalgamating any 'this road is signed' tags & similar for all 'source
tags. As the tags to use hasn't been agreed yet, I will discuss these in
a thread here, once the primary task has been concluded.

Cheers
DaveF