[Talk-GB] Mapping horse steps?

Dudley Ibbett dudleyibbett at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 30 19:55:39 UTC 2018

According to a horse riding friend this would most commonly be known as a “mounting block” in UK.

It seems people are more likely to need to them to get on a horse rather than off.

The only recent occasion I have seen them on a bridleway was a new dedicated bridleway bridge (not much wider than a foot bridge) over a railway line.  I suspect it was stipulated by the planning authority for safety reasons.

Dudley