[Talk-GB] un-named roads in UK

me at chrisfleming.org me at chrisfleming.org
Thu Aug 30 22:12:14 UTC 2018

>On 29/08/18 21:21, Jubal Harpster wrote:
>>Rosneath Castle Caravan Park
>>
>>https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/92291906
>>
>> https://goo.gl/maps/5zn1EEXwYER2
>>
>> https://binged.it/2BCrYOr
>>

>OSM has the name on the actual caravan park, which sounds more likely:
>https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/114942183

When I looked at this, this my feeling was that this looks like a
private road to the Caravan Park and therefore is very unlikely to have
a name.

Also, there has been quite a but a local activity in the area and it
would be very unlikely that that they would have completely missed this
if wrong.

Finally I check the council road list and this road isn't listed which
means that it's unmaintained and increasing the likely hood that it will
be unnamed.

The caravan site is interesting, from it's website it's probably
Rosneath Castle Park (without the Caravan) - originally mapped by
Central America who is based in Edinburgh, it would need a survey to see
how it's actually signposted.

Cheers
Chris