[Talk-GB] OSM UK meeting: Call for workshops

Gregory nomoregrapes at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 8 20:56:50 UTC 2018

Rob has asked for workshop proposals,

*However, does anyone have anything they'd like to learn or understand
better?*
If you have anything in mind, I'd be more than happy to find someone who
might run a great workshop on it. This might encourage someone to propose a
workshop they just didn't think there was demand for.

Let me know on this mailing list, or privately.

All the best from Durham,
Gregory.

On 5 February 2018 at 19:57, Rob Nickerson <rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thursday I shall be reporting progress on organising the OSM UK meeting
> in Manchester. It looks like we are getting close to securing a venue. It
> would be good to have a number of workshop proposals to report on too. If
> you have not yet submitted your ideas to our call for workshops then please
> do. If you can host a workshop then please enter the details here:
>
> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfvEFw6ytTVljj2mvz2s9YN
> 8UTCFSwuMURTVTkBYl4RqXNyfA/viewform#responses
>
> Thank you very much. I for one cannot wait to learn some new techniques
> later in the year in Manchester :-)
>
> Best regards,
> Rob
>
> *Rob*
>
> On 25 January 2018 at 21:12, Rob Nickerson <rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> As noted we are keen to include some workshops at the next OSM UK meeting
>> (the AGM in May/June in Manchester). It will most likely be a Saturday.
>>
>> If you can host a meeting (or can persuade someone else to) please
>> complete the form below:
>>
>> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fGJ_9sneOFp3jbcpo3h0-kO9Vqa
>> -CMT9IBorM7szqMA/edit
>>
>> The sooner the better. We will then share the ideas with the group (so
>> please don't write anything that you wouldn't want to be public).
>>
>> P.s. workshops can be absolutely anything - a training session, hack
>> project, on the ground mapping exercise, etc. The main criteria is to have
>> an element of active participation.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> *Rob*

Gregory