[Talk-GB] Mapping accessible toilets and parking

Will Bailey will at zipabout.com
Fri Jan 5 15:25:15 UTC 2018

Hi everyone

I work for a company called Zipabout, based in Oxford. We work in the broad space of transport data, partnering with local authorities and transport operators in the UK to optimise the transport network.

An area in which we're doing a lot of work is in accessible journey planning and real-time wayfinding. By developing our current platform and tailoring it to the varying needs of different travellers, we can offer people routes which suit them (e.g. via lots of accessible toilets, avoiding stairs or escalators, avoiding stations where assistance can't be booked, avoiding very busy services etc.) and notify passengers about disruption through personalised communication in real time.

Much of the data we use to power our routing service comes from OpenStreetMap; this will be where we pull things like accessible toilets and parking data into our route planning.

We're currently working on a demonstrator project with the NHS and DfT focusing on people living with dementia in North Wales, so that area is my primary focus at the moment, but this is something we will eventually provide nationwide, appropriate for all sorts of different requirements.

I wanted to ask for an idea of what sort of accessible toilet and blue badge parking data (for the UK) is currently in OSM, and, if anyone knows, specifically in N. Wales. We're keen to contribute something back to the OSM project, so any advice on adding data which is missing would be gladly received.

We also need to map the internal corridors of a number of hospitals in North Wales, and I wanted to say that if anyone living in the area would be interested in contributing some mapping to help us with this, that would be fantastic!

Thanks very much

Will

--
Will Bailey
Research Project Manager

This message, its contents and any attachments to it are private, confidential and may be the subject of legal privilege. Any unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution of all or part of this message is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately. ZipAbout Limited is a limited liability company registered in England and Wales. Registered No. 07605147 Registered Office: 303 Ballards Lane, North Finchley, London N12 8NP