[Talk-GB] Petrol stations again

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 09:38:04 UTC 2018

On 8 March 2018 at 21:28, SK53 <sk53.osm at gmail.com> wrote:
> You may not be aware of a new planned import of petrol stations by Ilya.
>
> The dataset is downloadable, but is large to deal with even in QGIS, and the
> direct website link at the time of writing is unusable by me. I therefore
> thought it was useful to create a umap with only those stations which are to
> be added (a little under 400) and deleted (only 3):

Many thanks for http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/map/fuel-stations-import_203895

There's one close to me at
http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/map/fuel-stations-import_203895#17/52.42282/0.72796
which is marked as a proposed addition, but it's almost on top of
(<10m) an existing amenity=fuel object
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/968785803 that's been there for
years. I wonder if something has somehow gone wrong with the
conflation process that means some existing objects haven't been
properly picked up. Or am I mis-interpreting the "addition" marker as
meaning the addition tags/info to an existing object?

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker