[Talk-GB] recent School ref:edubase update

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Tue Mar 13 12:58:41 UTC 2018

Hi

Robert Whittaker has recently performed an edit across England & Wales
to update Schools ref:edubase code.

As well as the reference, he's amended some of the names in OSM as
listed in the database. I think this is wrong. Similar to shops & street
names etc I believe we should should be using the names displayed on the
ground.

Robert suggests they are "official names supplied by the school to the
DfE" Even if true, (I'm not convinced) databases are often manipulated
by those compiling them. Abbreviating to fit printed column widths can
often occur.

I think this chainset should be reverted & readded updating the
ref:edubase only. Any thoughts?

DaveF.