[Talk-GB] Implicit speed limits: What to tag in built-up areas?

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Tue May 1 11:23:06 UTC 2018

Two or three years ago, we had problem of lots of bogus "wrong speed
limit" notes being added by one particular app.  The general result ws
that no-one took any notice of the notes from that app.  More recently,
we have had problems from maps.me, although possibly not for speed limits.

I think it can be quite dangerous to give people apps that fix or note
particular problems to people who don't know how to map using the more
general tools.

I don't know about your tool, but it is essential that every user has an
explicit personal account with OSM, and that they are set up to receive
emails if people add changeset comments, or post messages to their OSM
account.  maps.me has a high incidence of people who seem not to notice
changeset comments.