[Talk-GB] Toys R Us

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Sat May 5 07:52:44 UTC 2018

On 4 May 2018 21:04:29 BST, Paul Berry <pmberry2007 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Perhaps appropriate when the signage is taken down from any of their
>former
>stores en masse. In the meantime nothing stopping you mechanically
>adding
>disused <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:disused>:shop
><https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:shop>=yes
><https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:shop%3Dyes> to all instances
>now,
>I would think.
>
>Is there precedent on OSM for this? What are the plans for the 200 or
>so
>Maplin stores?

At present Maplin are still open and not sure if they have a closing date. I'm still hoping they are saved as there is no get it now alternative.

My local maplin has this sign in the window, mentioned this week by Chris Hawkins https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/business/2018/05/01/before-you-ask-were-closing-sign-of-the-times-at-shrewsbury-maplin-store/

So until it happens and probably becomes yet another coffee shop we should do nothing.

Phil (trigpoint)