[Talk-GB] Footpaths - search for the missing ones

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Sat May 12 15:53:03 UTC 2018

I've put up 2 umap instances:

   - Footpaths
   <http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/map/nottinghamshire-footpaths-from-npe-maps_219276#10/53.0058/-1.0535>
   for parts of Notts quickly traced in JOSM from NPE maps (with a few from
   1:25k provisional edition. Uses NPE 1:25k maps as background
   - Footpaths
   <http://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/map/rushcliffe-footpaths-old-new_219429#15/52.9347/-0.9547>
   for Rushcliffe District (a district seems reasonable load for umap,
   counties tend to be too much). with NPE map background, Rushcliffe PRoW in
   white as per Richard's example, and existing OSM highways with designation
   (not checked for valid values) with a thinner red line. I've added the
   gb1900 points w/o metadata as a layer which is not visible by default.

1:25k maps seem to contain pretty much the same data regarding paths as NPE
maps but are much better aligned.

I've never tried directly adding data to umap, nor editing existing data
but I believe this is a possibility.

A specific place to look is around Wiverton Hall (15/52.9234/-0.9393) where
a path runs from the River Smite slightly E of N and close to the hall.
This no longer exists: a fact I know from a recent ground survey. The
terrain is flat arable land: this year mainly fields of rape.

Jerry