[Talk-GB] Railway Platforms - Covered=yes are not shown in latest rendering

Mark Goodge mark at good-stuff.co.uk
Tue May 29 14:45:53 UTC 2018

On 29/05/2018 14:53, Tony Shield wrote:
> Guys
>
> Recently changed Chorley station adding more details. Added covered=yes
> cos there is a canopy for us to huddle under but not the whole length of
> the platform, there are also bus shelter type of shelters so shelter=yes
> was also added.

I think 'covered' is the wrong tag, in this context. According to the
wiki, it doesn't simply mean something that has a roof (or canopy), it
means something that is underneath something else.

 From my understanding of it, a more correct use of this in a railway
context would be at somewhere like, say, St Pancras, where you would map
the building as a whole and then map the platforms underneath the train
shed as "covered". But I think it's complicated anyway, as even where
there is a separate train shed, it doesn't usually cover the entire
length of all of the platforms. (And I note that St Pancras doesn't
actually have the platforms tagged as "covered", anyway).

> At the end of this week (2nd June) I intend to change the platforms I
> know to remove covered=yes, if you disagree please challenge.

I think removing it would be correct, too.

Mark