[Talk-GB] Railway Platforms - Covered=yes are not shown in latest rendering

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Tue May 29 14:48:49 UTC 2018

> On 29/05/18 14:53, Tony Shield wrote:
>>
>> At the end of this week (2nd June) I intend to change the platforms I know
>> to remove covered=yes, if you disagree please challenge.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the issue seems to be that the
carto change works on the assumption that covered=yes implies the
feature isn't visible (e.g. because partly underground), whereas
others may be are working on the assumption that covered=yes means you
won't get rained on (e.g. there is some kind of roof)?

The wiki seems pretty clear actually - it only really talks about the
first of the two meanings.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:covered
I'm not aware of any "UK-local" consensus to be different about that.

I personally haven't use the "covered" tag (no reason), but I do add
building=roof objects to some train stations.

Dan