[Talk-GB] Postcodes

Dan S danstowell+osm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 11:50:06 UTC 2018

Op vr 9 nov. 2018 om 10:41 schreef Paul Berry <pmberry2007 at gmail.com>:

> Would the etiquette here be to tag the objects with source=local knowledge if you happen to know the postcode without looking it up (or it's on signage, etc)?

Hi - two slightly different things in your question there - the
convention is, as far as I understand it, to use
source=local_knowledge if you happen to know it from being there
yourself or a local tells you, and source=survey if you see it on
signage.

As far as I know, there's some disagreement about whether and how
"disembodied" postcodes should be added, but I do often add postcodes
e.g. on specific shops or addresses where I've got it first-hand (e.g.
from the shop window)

Best
Dan