[Talk-GB] How to map houses

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 11:50:52 UTC 2018

On 27/11/2018 11:40, John Aldridge wrote:
>> It would be useful if there was a means of splitting buildings in the
>> editor(s).
>
> I'm probably in a minority here, but since the mapper usually can't tell
> how the building is divided internally, it's more honest to leave the
> building undivided and put the housenumber etc. tags on nodes on the
> building boundary which represent the front doors.
>
> I also think this is more useful to someone using the map, as it shows
> where to find the doorbell!

My source material has all the house divisions and we could even include
the internal floorplans, but where we have a block of houses being able
to quickly draw an outline and then create several objects with the same
set of tags is easier than trying to manually create each linked element
of the building.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL