[Talk-GB] Access restrictions for lorries above a certain GVM

Paul Berry pmberry2007 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 13:21:59 UTC 2018

On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 at 13:10, Mark Goodge <mark at good-stuff.co.uk> wrote:

> Another issue is how we tag "gateway" weight restrictions. These apply
> only to traffic in one direction, and not to an entire length of road.
> They're typically used in towns and villages that have been by-passed,
> to ensure that HGV through traffic has to use the by-pass, but, having
> accessed the town via a legitimate route, can then leave it via
> whichever is most convenient.

Surely by updating every highway's tags within the are demarcated by the
gateways? The same as is done for speed limits, etc... (That's how I'd do
it.)

And then we have interesting situations like this where, if anything, two
hgv=no gateways back onto each other: https://goo.gl/maps/dRLTKeEH1RD2

Regards,
*Paul*