[Talk-GB] New Bridge Gunnislake

ael law_ence.dev at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 3 16:19:36 UTC 2019

With some hesitation, I have just added access = no to New Bridge
in Gunnislake.
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/608610775

This is one of only two major routes across the lower Tamar, so it is
of major importance for routing applications.

The bridge has been closed after an accident damaged the structure, and
it has been suggested that may be shut until 1st May.

I know the area fairly well, and I believe that I had edited the bridge
several times in the past, although the history now only seems to go back
for around a year with edits from non local (armchair?) mappers.

The relevance of that comment is that I am not aware of any very local
mappers.

Anyway, have I overlooked a way to tag a temporary restriction like
this? I have put a note in my dairy to remind me to check the tagging in
a week or two, but I could still forget ... which would be unfortunate
:-)

ael