[Talk-GB] RFC: Solar panel mapping in the UK

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 15:38:13 UTC 2019

Yup, I don't think industrial is appropriate in many circumstances, any
more than it would be for an area of wind turbines on moorland. For
instance I've seen sheep grazing in between the panels (which IIRC are
mounted on heliostats) on this solar farm:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/168359464#map=15/39.8239/-5.6562&layers=N.
I presume that after installation the ground is more-or-less as it was (not
for instance contaminated as is the case of many rural industrial areas,
nor with traffic of heavy goods vehicles).

Jerry